Married and family life can be hectic, especially among other commitments such as children and your career, and this can leave little time to focus on being as healthy as possible. However, there are multiple ways that you can ensure that you lead a healthy working lifestyle in the midst of other priorities, with quick and easy solutions to both your diet, exercise, and self-care routines.
What should you eat?
- Many working couples tend to eat their main meals outside of the home, buying pre-packed sandwiches or ready meals for lunch and investing in takeaways or restaurant foods for dinner, or getting these delivered to their office or workplace. Although the occasional treat is expected, these foods are often high in unhealthy substances and can negatively impact your weight and health. Instead, you should opt for healthier takeaway options and search for thai delivery near me, which allows you to get the relaxation of pre-cooked food without the negative effects of a poor diet.
- Even if you believe that you do not have time for regular meals each day, it is important that you eat breakfast on a daily basis, whether this is a slice of toast or a bowl of yoghurt. Breakfast can help you to have the energy and concentration that you need throughout the day, and can even help you to lose weight through its positive effects on your metabolism and its ability to leave you feeling full for longer.
- One of the most tempting elements of working days are snacks, with many people at desk jobs having constant snack bowls rather than regular meals. If this is the case, you should think about exchanging unhealthy snacks for healthy alternatives such as fruit, vegetable sticks, or nuts. These are equally as filling and can help to stem your cravings.
How can you incorporate exercise?
- You can incorporate exercise into your working days by replacing transport such as trains, cars and buses with walking. If you are unable to walk to work, you should consider getting off the bus a stop earlier or parking the car in a further car park, meaning that you can still include a short walk to and from work.
- You should also speak to your manager to ask whether they have any cycle to work schemes, which can endorse the purchase of a bike and can help to encourage you to cycle rather than use public transport. This has both environmental and fitness benefits.
- You can also incorporate exercise into your daily life by making it fun. For instance, you should find a running buddy who can support you while you exercise, such as your partner, or join a sports group or team. This can help you to enjoy exercise, meaning that you will do it on a more regular basis.
How can you perform regular self-care?
- Excessive workplace stress is one of the major factors in a less healthy lifestyle, as this can lead to mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression. To halt the effects of this, you should promote regular self-care activities. These can include taking part in a favourite hobby such as reading, taking a relaxing bath, and ensuring that you take regular days off work to allow you enough rejuvenation time.
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post, and the author’s views here do not necessarily reflect those of His & Hers Magazine.
For more tips and advice, please pay a visit to our lifestyle page.