ITALIAN RESTAURANT PESTO AT THE DICCONSON ARMS IS CELEBRATING ITS SECOND BIRTHDAY BY INVITING CUSTOMERS TO JOIN THEM IN A WEEK OF CELEBRATIONS.
Opening its doors on March 2nd 2015, the privately-owned restaurant group has enjoyed great success. To mark the anniversary, they will be extending their lunchtime offer, which will allow customers to enjoy three delicious piattini dishes from just £8.95, anytime Monday to Thursday.
Diners lucky enough to share a birthday with the restaurant during that special week will be gifted with a complimentary bottle of prosecco, making that special occasion a little more so.
Pesto at the Dicconson Arms boasts a delicious dessert menu, which has become a go-to for diners celebrating a birthday. The restaurant’s selection of sweet treats showcase a mix of traditional and homemade desserts, with an Italian twist.
The Budino di Panettone is the kitchens Italian take on a classic bread and butter pudding. Made from scratch with zesty panettone, the dessert is rich with cream and vanilla. A firm customer favourite is the Torta al cioccolato, a rich chocolate torte, made with fine milk and dark chocolate blended with double cream, chopped prunes and a hint of Marsala wine, served on a delicious biscuit base.
Those looking to celebrate at home can recreate the Torta al cioccolato, with a recipe straight from the kitchen at Pesto at the Dicconson Arms:
Torta al cioccolato – Chocolate Torte
Ingredients to serve four
- 200g dark chocolate
- 50g milk chocolate
- 150g de-stoned prunes
- 50ml sweet marsala (or any dessert wine)
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 200ml double cream
- 1 gelatine leaf
- 100g biscuit crumbs for the base
- 40g unsalted butter
- Blend the prunes, marsala and vanilla
- Melt all of the chocolate and the gelatine leaf over simmering water, then add the prune mix to the chocolate
- Softly pour the cream into mix and slowly stir, continue to do so until smooth and thick
- Melt the butter and crush the biscuits, before mixing the two together, place this mixture in the moulds/glasses and compress
- Follow this by placing a heaped dessert spoon of the chocolate mix on top of each, then leave to set
- To add an optional zest, carve a thin slice of lime and place on top of the dessert
Address: 206 Appley Lane North, Appley Bridge, Wigan WN6 9DY
For similar features, please visit our lifestyle page