IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR FESTIVE FINGER FOOD TO WOW YOUR GUESTS WITH OVER CHRISTMAS, AND USE UP ANY LEFTOVERS FROM CHRISTMAS DAY, THEN THIS LEE WESTCOTT FOR DAVIDSTOW RECIPE FOR TURKEY, FENNEL SEED AND DAVIDSTOW® 3 YEAR SPECIAL RESERVE VINTAGE CHEDDAR PARCELS IS PERFECT FOR YOU.
Makes 20 parcels
- 200g turkey leg, minced
- 100g chicken breast minced
- 3g fennel seeds
- 1⁄2 whole egg
- 15g chervil, chopped
- 15g tarragon, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 50g dried apricot, chopped
- 10g panko breadcrumbs
- 30g Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve
- Vintage cheddar, grated
- Egg yolk for glazing
- Poppy seeds
- 400g block of puff pastry
- Preheat a fan assisted oven to 170°C
- Mix all the ingredients above together, apart from the puff pastry, until a meatball consistency is achieved.
- Roll out the puff pastry, approximately 7cm- 6cm by 1mm thickness. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Once all the puff pastry is cut to shape and rested, place a teaspoon full of the turkey mixture into the centre of each puff pastry rectangles.
- Now take in two opposite corners and pinch them together.
- Glaze these with egg yolk, sprinkle on some poppy seeds and some more finely grated Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage cheddar before baking.
- Now bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Related features: Here’s another recipe to get you ready for the start of picnic season (which the His & Hers team has been counting down to!)
Also, for more general culinary inspiration and recommendations, please pay a visit to our popular food & drink page, which we’ll be updating regularly throughout the year (this is also where you’ll find all of our most tempting food and drink pics!) Thank you for reading. We hope you enjoy trying out this recipe and sampling the results!